It is frequently asserted that racial differences between various human populations are a ‘social construct’. So fixed has this idea become in the minds of many people, that even to question the concept sounds suspiciously to some people like racial prejudice.
2. Time (2014) The Problem with Pit Bulls, Charlotte Alter, 20/6/2014.
3. Pinto, Rebecca: Ashworth, Mark: Jones, Roger (2008) Schizophrenia in black Caribbeans living in the UK: an exploration of underlying causes of the high incidence rate, British Journal of General Practice, 2008 Jun 1; 58(551): 429–434.
4. Curtis, David (2018) Polygenic risk score for schizophrenia is more strongly associated with ancestry than with schizophrenia, Psychiatric Genetics: October 2018 - Volume 28 - Issue 5 - p 85-89.
5. Barnes, Lisa L.: Bennett, Davis A. (2014) Alzheimer’s Disease In African Americans: Risk Factors And Challenges For The Future, Health Affairs; VOL. 33, NO. 4, April 2014.
6. Ross, Ronald; Bernstein, Leslie; Judd, Howard; Hanisch, Rosemarie; Pike, Malcolm; Henderson, Brian (1986) Serum Testosterone Levels in Healthy Young Black and White Men, JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute, Volume 76, Issue 1, January 1986, Pages 45–48.
7. Dabbs, James M. Jr; Carr, Timothy S.; Frady, Robert L.; Riad, Jasmine K. (1995) Testosterone, crime, and misbehaviour among 692 male prison inmates, Personality and Individual Differences, Volume 15 Issue 5 May 1995.
8. Rattansi, Ali (2020) Racism: A Very Short Introduction, Oxford: Oxford University Press.
9. Reich, David (2018) Ancient DNA and the New Science of the Human Past: Who We are and How We Got Here, Oxford: Oxford University Press.